For Digitization-X this month, Alex Kagin, your host and the Director of Technology Investing Research for Money Map Press, sits down to interview with video game veteran Ron Moravek. He’s been in the video games industry since 1998 when he co-founded Relic Entertainment and has held various leadership positions in the gaming industry serving as the COO for Electronic Arts Canada (NASDAQ: EA), EVP at THQ, and SVP at Nexon.
Click here for the latest episode
He and Alex dive into the leading trends and prospects for the video game industry, right now and in the future.
- Video games have fared better than other forms of entertainment during the pandemic, driving strong sales and publicity. But which forms of games does Ron think have done the best this past year? Check it out at 1:00.
- The industry performed strongly during the lockdowns, creating a reason to wonder if it will slow down as the pandemic abates. On the other hand, there is a long list of exciting releases slated for the near future. Which way will the industry turn? Check it out at 6:59.
- The gaming industry is making use of brand-new cutting-edge technology like virtual reality, along with new market developments like e-sports. See what Ron has to say about it at 9:54.
- Roblox (RBLX) has been planning to go public, and, after a previous false start and another round of capital, it looks like they plan on going for it again. Hear Ron’s take on their platform and their upcoming IPO at 18:40.
- Unity Software Inc. (U) maintains a huge presence in both the game industry and the stock market. Their platform is used for 50% of all mobile, P.C., and console games, and their stock surged over 40% on their IPO. Ron weighs in at 24:30.
- And finally, at 31:00, Ron Moravek shares his own favorite titles, from his own industry experience and from the contemporary market.
You can listen to this latest episode by clicking the image in this alert or by clicking here.
P.S.: The gaming industry is just one example of the overwhelming moneymaking trends that are emerging from the digital space right now. Nearly every aspect of society, from entertainment to even money itself is going digital and creating massive profit opportunities as it does. When it comes to digital currency, not only is the leading Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, showing a strong chance of doubling to $100,000 in value by the end of 2021, but smaller “specific use” coins could give investors 1000% gains by 2026. Just click here to see how to get in on these gains.
Cheers and good investing,
The Strategic Tech Investor